Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay on alberto giacometti

Essay on alberto giacometti

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

The Hunger for Death: Giacometti s Immanence and the - jstor

Essay on alberto giacometti

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Alberto Giacometti - SlideShare

The Resume Is Dead, The Bio Is King. Who am I? How can I help you? How did I get here (i.e. know what I know)? Why can you trust me? What do we share in common? Your bio is the lynchpin for expanding your thought leadership and recognition, especially online.

It frames the conversation and essay on alberto giacometti, sets the tone. It’s your job to donald reveal a bit about yourself and how you see the world. Do this well, and people will eagerly want to engage with you further. Here’s the challenge: who taught you how to on alberto giacometti write your bio? Admittedly, most of us never got a lesson in this essential task. You’re not alone.

Even the Buddhism and Hinduism most skilled communicators get tongue-tied and twisted when trying to represent themselves in writing. We fear the two extremes: obnoxious self-importance or boring earnestness. It gets further complicated when you’re in the midst of a career or business reinvention. You have to essay reconcile the not knowing essays donald barthelme different twists and turns of your past into a coherent professional storyline. The personal branding industry has only essay, muddied the essay competitions waters. It’s easy to feel turned off by the heavy-handed acts of self-promotion that the essay various gurus out there say you’re supposed to do. We’ve been told to carefully construct a persona that will differentiate and trademark our skills into a unique value proposition. That’s mostly a bunch of buzzword bingo bullshit.

Instead, share more of what you really care about. And then write your bio in service to essayist your reader, not just ego validation. Essay Giacometti. Imagine that: A compelling reason to tell your story beyond bragging to the world that you’re “kind of a big deal.” Embrace the holy-grail of list and explain four storytelling: tell a story that people can identify with as their own – and the need to essay on alberto giacometti persuade, convince, or sell them on essayist anything disappears. With all this in mind, here’s a few key pointers for reinventing your bio as a story: You’re a creative. Having something to essay on alberto giacometti say is the ultimate proof. What’s missing from the larger conversation? Speak to that. Don’t be afraid to tell the bigger story.

We want to know how you see the world. Show us that you have a unique perspective or fresh vantage point on the things that matter most. Explain the origin for Buddhism how you came to see the world in this way. Maybe it was something that happened to essay on alberto giacometti you as a kid or early in your career. Consider your superhero origins. How did you come into these powers? What set you off on this quest or journey? What’s the riddle or mystery you are still trying to solve? When you tell the story of who you were meant to be, it becomes an undeniable story. Natural authority is speaking from the and Hinduism place of what you know and have lived.

3. Incorporate External Validators. Think frugally here. To paraphrase the artist De La Vega, we spend too much time trying to convince others, instead of believing in ourselves. Nonetheless, if you’re doing something new, different, or innovative – you have to essay on alberto giacometti anchor it into the familiar. Help people see that your novel ideas are connected to things they recognize and trust. That might be your notable clients, press, publications, or things you’ve created. Just enough to show people your story is for real.

4. Invite people into a chapter on ears, a relationship. Now that you’ve established you’ve got something to share, remind people you’re not so different from them. Vulnerability is the essay on alberto giacometti new black. Share some guilty pleasures. Describe what you like to geek out on. Reveal a couple things you obsess about Buddhism and Hinduism, as hobbies or interests. This will make you more approachable and relatable.

You’re human, too. Help people find the invisible lines of essay on alberto connection. To revamp your bio, start with these simple storytelling principles and questions above. Buddhism. In the process, you’ll discover a greater potential to shift how you see yourself and how the world sees you. Essay Giacometti. Your story sets the boundaries for everything else that follows. If you’re having trouble being heard, recognized, or understood, it’s probably an issue related to essayist your story and identity. The good news? It’s never to late to reinvent your story. Have you updated your bio recently? What do you struggle with? The Best Creative Career Insights, Delivered Weekly. this is essay a gross generalization. in MEDICINE the CV is totally king.

If you submit a Bio, you will not be looked at. A doctor that doesn#8217;t remember or just didn#8217;t pay attention to the very first sentence of the short essay article #8220;If you’re a designer, entrepreneur, or creative#8230;#8221; Scary#8230; I hope you#8217;re not my doctor. Giacometti. I haven#8217;t cared about my resume in many years. I find having great companies to decorate my resume to upend another company is a waste of time. What matters for me are work that I can proudly say I did it by myself. That#8217;s all that matter for international competitions high school me, not a fancy resume. #128578; Thanks for input here much appreciated. So, here#8217;s the essay on alberto giacometti thing#8230;What do you do to spice up a resume when asked for one? Hyperlinks, etc? Animoto? Yes, hyperlinks are fine.

Make sure if you#8217;re applying to list and explain types of essay a company through their job board, the resume is standard (without pictures) so the applicant tracking system can read every word on your resume. Perfect for me. its like a story of your self, destined for succes. Again make sure your story is giacometti plain because CLARITY is also King. How long should your bio be? And is it a part of your resume, or something you just post on and Hinduism your blog/ LinkedIn? I love it.

Finally. Can you + Pinterest? thanksssss. Bio is always a king therefore we found http://www.biotuft.com. Thanks so much. This was to the point. More articles on Marketing Your Work.

How To Write an #8220;About Me#8221; Page That Gets You Hired. An about on alberto, page doesn#039;t have to be anxiety-inducing. Keep it simple and put your inner-critic aside. Why You Should Treat Your Freelance Portfolio Like a Stock Portfolio. Think like an investor and keep your freelance pipeline filled with blue chip and essay on marxism, long-shot clients.

How To Break The Mold Reinvent Your Resume. Essay. To get great work, you have to get noticed. Essay On Marxism. A curated collection of resumes and other self-promo pieces that break the mold and spark genuine interest. The Resume Is Dead, The Bio Is King. Why writing a compelling personal bio is essay on alberto crucial to your career, and essay etiquette, tips on how to craft one.

Write My Paper -

MLA Format Papers: Step-by-step Tips for Writing Research Essays. 0.1) If you’ve been asked to submit a paper in MLA style, your instructor is asking you to format the page and present the content in on alberto giacometti a specific way. Just as football referees dress a certain way, and Japanese chefs cook a certain way, writers in certain disciplines follow a certain set of essayist conventions. This document will show you how to format an on alberto, essay in MLA style. 0.2) If, instead of donald questions about essay putting the final formatting touches on your essay, you have questions about what to write, see instead my handouts on writing a short research paper, coming up with a good thesis statement, and using quotations in the body of your paper. (no comma between the author and page number; commas and essayist, periods go outside of inline quotes) Works Cited List. (lots of tricky details! sort alphabetically by author, not by the order the quotes appear in your paper)

For the most complete information, check your campus library or writing center for the MLA Handbook for Writers of essay on alberto giacometti Research Papers , 8th ed. MLA Style Format (First Page) How to format the Works Cited page of an MLA style paper. Your word processor comes with default settings (margin, line height, paragraph spacing, and typeface) that will likely need adjustment. For MLA style, you need:

1-inch margins all around 2.0 line height (double-space the whole paper, including title block and Works Cited list) no extra spacing after the title, between paragraphs, or between bibliography items 12-point typeface (usually Times New Roman ) 1.1 Adjusting Document Settings in essay etiquette MS-Word (Windows) My copy of Microsoft Word for on alberto, Windows defaults to. 1-inch margins all around 1.15 line height 10pt spacing between paragraphs Calibri 11-point typeface. Changing to MLA Style (Windows) The default margins in my test run were fine, but if you need to change them: Page Layout - Margins - Normal (1-inch all around) The default line height is too low. Buddhism. Change it to 2.0.

CTRL-A (select all your text) Home - Line Spacing - Remove Space After Paragraph Change the typeface to Times New Roman 12-point. Home - Font Face Selector (change to Times New Roman) 1.2 Adjusting Document Settings in MS-Word (Mac) My copy of Microsoft Word for Mac defaults to. 1.25 inch left and on alberto giacometti, right margins, 1 inch top and bottom 1.0 line height no extra spacing after paragraphs Cambria 12-point typeface.

In my test run, the left and right margins are too big. To change them: Layout - Margins - Normal (1-inch all around) The default line height is too low. Change it to 2.0. Home - Line Spacing - 2.0 My Mac copy of MS-Word does not add extra spaces after paragraphs. If yours does: Don’t add space between paragraphs of the same style (check this box) - OK The 12-point Cambria will probably be fine, but to essay, change the giacometti typeface: Home - Font Face Selector (change to Times New Roman) In the top right of every page, use your word processor’s “Page Header” function add an list of essay, automatic page number and giacometti, your surname. 2.1 Adding the and explain four types of essay Page Header in essay MS-Word (Windows) Insert - Page Number - Top of Page - (choose the right-justified “Plain Number” option) The cursor will jump automatically to the right place for you to t ype your surname . Click anywhere in the body of the Buddhism paper to exit the header area.

2.2 Adding the Page Header in MS-Word (Mac) Insert (in the top menu) - Page Numbers… - (Set “Position” to “Top of giacometti Page (header)” and “Alignment” to essays barthelme, “Right”) Click just to the left of the new page number, and type your surname . Essay On Alberto. On my test document, my name was too far over to the left; grab the list triangular tab adjuster just above your name, and essay on alberto, drag it a notch to the right . In the upper left corner, type your name, your instructor’s name, the course number and section, and today’s date. Essay Etiquette. Centered on the next line, type an informative title that actually informs the reader of your main point (not just “English Paper” or “A Comparison between Hamlet and Macbeth”). Like all the other text in an MLA style paper, the title block is double-spaced . The title is in essay on alberto giacometti the same font as the rest of the paper — it is essay etiquette, not boldface, or enlarged. Essay. There is no extra space above or below the title.

A truly informative title will include the general topic, and your precise opinion on that topic. (So, if you pan to compare Hamlet and Macbeth, your title should state the unique point you want to make about Hamlet and Macbeth. Reuse part of your thesis statement.) This handout presumes you already know why you should cite your sources (to establish your authority, to not knowing essays donald, introduce persuasive evidence, to avoid plagiarism, etc.), These instructions focus on how you format the page. (For a resource to help you determine how to cite a specific source, see the MLA Bibliography Builder). To fully cite a source requires two stages. The first happens in the body of your paper (the “in-text citation”) and the second happens on essay, a separate page at the end of your paper (see “Works Cited List,” below.) 4.1 Citing a Block Quote (more than three lines) Long quotes can start to look like filler. Only use a block quote if you have a very good reason to include the whole passage. List And Explain Types Of Essay. (You can usually make your point with a shorter quote.) If you do have a good reason to quote a passage that is several lines long: Select the text and click the “ Increase Indent ” icon (see image, right).

Place the essay giacometti parenthetical citation (the author’s name and the page number) after the a chapter on ears period . (This is different from inline quotes, below.) There is essay on alberto giacometti, no comma between the author’s name and the page number. Essay Etiquette. If the quotation runs across more than one page: (Wordsworth-Fuller 20-21) or (Wordsworth-Fuller 420-21). Skip wordy introductions such as, “In his informative guide The Amazing Writing Book , published by Elizabeth Mount College in 2010, the noted composition expert Maxwell Wordsworth-Fuller describes the importance of citations in MLA style papers.” Cutting the filler leaves more room to develop your own original ideas. (See “Integrating Quotations.”) 4.2 Citing an Inline Quotation. When the essay giacometti passage you want to quote is less than three lines long, use inline style. Here we have two brief passages, taken from the short essay same page of the same source, so we can handle both with a single parenthetical citation. The parenthetical citation appears outside the essay on alberto giacometti quoted material. The period that ends the sentence comes after the close parenthesis . (This is different from block quotes, above.) In this example, we have changed the first word a little, lowercasing it in not knowing donald barthelme order to fit it into essay on alberto giacometti, our own sentence.

To let the reader know what we changed, we put [] around it. Essays Donald Barthelme. Again, note the absence of a full sentence that explains who Wordsworth-Fuller is and where the quote comes from. All that info will be in essay on alberto the Works Cited list, so we leave it out of the body of the paper. Let’s imagine we want to and explain of essay, reference Wordsworth-Fuller’s general idea about citation as a way to on alberto, establish credibility, but we don’t need to and Hinduism, include any of the technical details. Essay On Alberto. We can save space, and make it much easier on and Hinduism, our reader, if we paraphrase: Use paraphrasing for variety, or to make a passing reference without taking up much space. If we use an author’s idea, rephrased in our own words, we must still cite the idea. A research paper isn’t a research paper unless you end with full bibliographical details on every source you cited. Essay. This part can be tedious and tricky; leave yourself plenty of essay students time to do it. Start a new page . MS-Word Wind: Insert - Page Break - New Page.

MS-Word Mac: Document Elements - Break - Page. Title your new page: Works Cited. MLA style calls for no extra spaces above or below the page title; no special formatting. 5.1. How to Create an essay on alberto, Individual Works Cited Entry.

Exactly what goes into each item in your bibliography depends on what kind of item it is. The following pages give you some questions to answer, then let you push a button to get an individual works-cited entry. If you prefer a more narrative explanation, see Purdue OWL’s handouts for how to create a bibliography entry for a book, an article in a periodical (such as a journal or newspaper), or an electronic source (such as an email, web page or a YouTube clip). See also this list of other common sources (such as a personal interview or a movie). 5.2. How to Organize Your Works Cited list.

Sort the entries alphabetically by barthelme, the author ‘s last name. If the author is an organization (such as a government agency or non-profit foundation), alphabetize according to the name of the organization . If you are citing a painting, or a composer, then obviously “author” has to be interpreted a little loosely. On Alberto Giacometti. Unless your instructor ask you to organize your Works Cited list differently, everything should be alphabetized together, in competitions school a single list. MLA does not require that you separate works of giacometti different kinds, or that you cite works in the order that they appeared in your paper, or that you write annotations to go along with each item. Use double-spaced line height. (in my copy of Word, I select the text and choose Format - Paragraph - Line spacing - Double - OK.) Use hanging indent paragraph format. (In my copy of word, I select the text then choose Format - Paragraph - Indentation - Special - Hanging Indent.) 29 May 2011 — new document posted, replacing outdated handout written in 1999. 06 Jun 2011 — expanded section on organizing the Works Cited list, since several readers asked for of essay, clarification. 07 Jun 2011 — reorganized for on alberto giacometti, emphasis. 19 Apr 2012 — added numbers to more subheads. 30 Nov 2016 — added annotated Works Cited sample image. If your college instructor wants you to cite every fact or opinion you find in essayist a chapter an outside source, how do you make room for your own opinion?

Paraphrase, quote selectively, and avoid summary.Dennis G. Jerz. MLA Works Cited Citation Builder. 0 thoughts on “ MLA Format Papers: Step-by-step Tips for Writing Research Essays ” I think you should add an explanation about essay page numbers. That was what I was looking for, but I couldn’t find the essays donald barthelme significant area. Section 2 explains how to put page numbers in the header, and section 4 discusses page numbers in citations. How do you in text cite a website? I didnt really see much about that. Very good information, I really needed this incite on research paper formats. It has such thorough details and that make it so much easier to understand. when you say page numbers (Wordworth-Fuller 20), are you referring to the page number within the MLA document or the page number the text appears on within the on alberto giacometti authors works?

That means the quote is from essay etiquette, page 20 of the book or article written by Wordsworth-Fuller. Thank you for valuable information. Before my college year in America I didn’t know what MLA Format was, but with this delicate information I will survive my college year. Thank you for useful information about how to write MLA format essay. Before my college year I didn’t know there were many different forms of essay. When my professor asked me to write MLA format I had no idea how to on alberto giacometti, write it, but with your delicate information I think I will survive my college year. Thank you again. I’m glad to know you found this page helpful. Most instructors will be happy to help if you stop by during their office hours, and if your prof is competitions high, too busy for that most universities will have a writing center where you can get help at any stage of any assignment involving writing. With your delicate information about to write MLA format essay in right way will lead me to successful college year. when you say page numbers (Wordworth-Fuller 20), are you referring to the page number within the MLA document or the page number the text appears on within the authors works?

In this case, your paper would be referring to something you found on page 20 of the text by Wordsworth-Fuller. i think you should add an explanation about page header. Giacometti. that was what i was looking for. Is the Table of Contents double spaced – MLA? “@pretti_slimm: @Thyler_Jonzy http://t.co/QIf00vlgws try this site looks helpful”I just found a sample paper on a chapter, Google. Im in on alberto middle school and I have to do this. I have never heard of MLA Format and essay on marxism, this helped ALOT. Thanks so much! Hopefully I get a good grade on this paper! I really find this useful (especially fudging the line spacing to 2.1). Essay Giacometti. Good job! Can you put what information is supposed to be in each paragraph.

Emma, I’m afraid I don’t understand the question. I feel like you’ve asked me what emotions are supposed to be in international school students each verse of a song, or what colors are supposed to essay giacometti, be in a painting. Buddhism. There are many different kinds of songs and paintings, created for essay giacometti, different reasons; likewise, there are many different kinds of paragraphs, written for different reasons. that was beautiful. I am writing to request permission to link your webpage, “MLA Format Papers: Step-by-step Instructions for Writing Research Essays” to our website. Lansdale School of Business.

I am glad you found this page helpful. Yes, you are welcome to include a link and a brief extract. Thank you so much!! I love the Bib builder!! I’m glad to hear you found it helpful! RT @DennisJerz: MLA Format Papers: Step-by-step Instructions for Writing Research Essays #mlastyle http://t.co/B6pGb3Pkeh. How do you add footnotes to essay competitions high school, an MLA style paper? Most word processors will have an essay on alberto, Insert - Footnote or Insert - Note (footnote or endnote) option. Most short college papers don’t need footnotes. (They aren’t for documenting sources — use an in-text citation and not knowing barthelme, a Works Cited list instead.) I suggest you talk to your instructor about essay on alberto giacometti whether you really do need to use a footnote.

When using MLA format, do you list the book title, the donald barthelme title of the article or both? For guidance on giacometti, citing individual sources, see the link in item 4, above. This page is about formatting the paper once you’ve already written it. I wrote a paper and it looks just like your example. I followed everything to the “t” and essay etiquette, my professor says that my header is indented and my paragraphs are double indented and the page numbers are in wrong format. What can I do? Winston, I suggest you talk to essay, your professor. I have been teaching from essay on marxism, thiis handout for giacometti, years, and when a student makes a formatting error on essayist a chapter on ears, a rough draft, I just ask them to fix it for the revision. But your instructor is the one who designed the assignment and who evaluates your submissions, so he or she is the on alberto person to approach with questions.

I agree. .let me ask you this. Are your headers indented? The screenshot was taken from a page that I created following the instructions for using MS-Word with a MacBook Pro. I followed the instructions that are on the page. But surely your instructor gave you guidelines, in a handout or an assigned textbook, which is why I encourage you to four types, have this conversation with your instructor. Whether your instructor does or does not agree with the information on this page really doesn’t matter, since your instructor created the assignment and evaluates it according to his or her own criteria. I suggest you let your your teacher know you are confused about what you did wrong, and ask for an opportunity to make minor formatting changes to a paper that, we hope, met all the essay major criteria. We get asked often about essays donald what “format” the college application essay should be in. Although not generally… http://t.co/v1TTNxtE4e.

seems easy enough. Dennis, what lends itself to science in on alberto the APA system? And what lends itself to essay etiquette, the Humanities with the MLA? TIA. As compared to MLA papers, APA papers tend to be shorter, and divided up into sections. Authors who use APA style tend to on alberto, publish more frequently, because their knowledge goes out of date more quickly; so the international school students date is prominent in APA citations, and page numbers are rare. By contrast, people who use MLA style tend to write longer essays that aren’t divided up into standard sections like “procedure” and “conclusions.” Humanities scholarship generally doesn’t go out of date quickly. Essay. Instead of conducting experiments, humanists read and list four of essay, write a lot of longer essays and books, re-interpreting and quoting passages from them.

MLA style makes the essay on alberto giacometti page numbers prominent, so that other scholars can easily find and re-read those same passages for themselves, and further the work of scholarship as it is conducted in the humanities. Thanks for the reply. And Explain Four Types Of Essay. What do you mean by ” MLA style tend to write longer essays that aren’t divided up into standard sections like “procedure” and essay on alberto, “conclusions.”? Are we not suppose to use conclusions in Buddhism and Hinduism MLA format? In my English class, we use MLA with conclusions, but what do you mean by on alberto giacometti, “procedure” and “conclusions”? I understand each instructor is different but is it right to use conclusions in an MLA paper…or am I getting confused? Typically papers written in MLA style DO have a conclusion, but it would not be set off in a separate section under the international competitions high school students subheading “Conclusion.” MLA papers tend NOT to follow a standard, particular structure. Papers written in giacometti the sciences DO have a fairly rigid set of sections, with separate subheadings. And Explain Types. But it’s best for essay, you to talk to your teacher about the specifics of any asisgnment.

Ok, thanks. And Hinduism. I just wanted to ask and clarify it. Also, doesn’t the word “humanist” means something else entirely? The Humanist term today implies ‘human’ and essay on alberto, is often used for atheists, for example… or am I wrong? I used the essayist on ears term “humanist” to mean “a person who studies the culture of humans,” without intending the more specific meaning you mention. At my school, the essay on alberto humanities division includes theologians. this was very helpful i got an A 95 percent.

hi my name is Jessie i have to writ a 2 pages Essay about MLA can someone help me. thank u i got an A 97 percent. u a real nigga dennis. This wasn’t helpful at essays all. Shavez, what were you looking for? This page is about formatting a paper you have already written. The first section includes links to pages about how to write essays.

Thank you very much for this useful information. As a freshman in highschool, my biology teacher asked for me to essay on alberto, write an essay in mLA format about barthelme evolution. I had no clue what mLA format was,so I searched it up and it brought me here. On Alberto. In middle school I never wrote an essay in this format before,but I feel very confident to type my first mLA essay and I’m excited to list of essay, do so! (Right after I finish my draft .) thank you very much! (???)? I’m using a book title and author as my paper heading. How is that formatted? I would tell my own students that a book title and on alberto giacometti, the name of an author is not a good paper title, and I would ask them to write a title that catches the competitions school reader’s attention, identifies the essay on alberto giacometti topic, and Buddhism and Hinduism, identifies what position the essay paper is going to a chapter on ears, take on the topic. But if you are not my student, then I’m not the person who will be evaluating your paper. MLA style puts the book title in italics. Other than that, I really don’t have any advice for you.

Very informative. It helped introduce my tired old mind to the MLA format. So, I can better help coach and essay giacometti, prepare my wife for her English course. Thank you very much. which writing style (MLA, APA) have more importance for Buddhism and Hinduism, students of social sciences, media sciences and essay, business? I think you should include online resource citation instructions. Click on “Citing” at four of essay the top of the page. One of the essay on alberto options on the other end of that link is essay etiquette, how to essay on alberto giacometti, cite a web page. This article..thing is the only reason I am passing my online college class.

Especially the citation builder. Thank you! cool it was helpful. is the text or what you wrote supposed to be centered in the page or to on ears, the left margin. How do I cite a photo that I found online? Is it a historical photograph or a photograph published in a book that someone scanned and essay, posted on Buddhism and Hinduism, line, is it a photograph of something like a sculpture? Is your paper focused on the work of the photographer, the giacometti makeup artist who prepared the model, the digital image enhancer who altered the image, the model?

There is no single correct way to cite a photograph, because there are many different reasons to international school students, cite a photograph. Your instructor would be able to on alberto giacometti, give you more specific advice. In general, though, the 8th edition of the MLA guide would say something like this: Olsen, Jimmy. “Superman Rescues Boy Scouts from Lava Pit.” Photograph. The Daily Planet . Essays. July 22, 1956. If you found the picture on a blog or a Flickr gallery, adjust the citation accordingly.

If you found the image as the result of a Google search for on alberto giacometti, something, you might very well end up finding a page that re-uses someone else’s picture without appropriately giving credit. There are many variables. A Chapter On Ears. Talk to on alberto giacometti, your instructor, who will be the one grading your work, and essay etiquette, will therefore be the right person to advise you on on alberto, what to do. hahahah xD me too same. I would Like You To Give Simple Instructions Not Complicated Ones , and Include also how much Papers Should be worked on. Khalid, if there is any particular detail you are confused about, please let me know what question you have and list four of essay, perhaps I can help. Essay. There is no specific answer to essayist a chapter on ears, how much a paper should be worked on. On Alberto. It depends on what grade you want to and explain four types, earn, how much time you have, whether your instructor is willing to meet with you before the due date, whether your instructor will give you the essay on alberto chance to essayist on ears, revise your work, and many other factors. This article..thing is the essay only reason I am passing my online college class. A Chapter On Ears. Especially the citation builder.

Thank you!

Write My Paper -

500 Word Essay: How to Write It in One Day. Do you need to giacometti, write a 500 word essay and don't know where to and Hinduism, start? Maybe before, you wrote only essay giacometti, long essays consisting of 1000 words or more and now you don't know how to cram all the information so it would fit the Buddhism and Hinduism limit. On Alberto? For many reasons, you may think that writing a 500 word essay is essay etiquette, complicated. Don't worry, your task is not as difficult as it seems. Stop searching for 500 word essay is on alberto, how many pages and panicking because we are going to help you. List Types Of Essay? In this article, we collected the most frequently asked questions about a 500 word essay and essay responded to them in details. You will learn how many pages is a 500 word essay and even see some examples of such papers. Now you are saved as you can find all the answers you need below! Some students can't even imagine how long is essay etiquette, a 500 word essay.

In fact, 500 word essay length in many ways depends on your writing style: if your writing is on alberto, detailed, it might even feel like the limit is not enough. The good thing about this type of essay high students essay is essay, that it doesn't require you to not knowing donald barthelme, go deeper into essay, the topic, so the research itself may be quite superficial. How many pages is a 500 word essay? Of course, some students want a clear answer to the question how many pages is Buddhism, a 500 word essay? We hasten to inform you that if you complete it in accordance with all standards (12pt Times New Roman, 1-inch margins, etc.), then your essay will take 1 - 1.5 pages. As you can see, the amount of 500 word essay pages is not so frightening but for some students, the task of essay on alberto being brief can be a serious obstacle. Short essays like a 500 word essay are a very common writing task in universities and colleges. They can be a part of the syllabus in many courses.

Before writing you should look over the examples of a 500 word essay and understand what exactly is expected from Buddhism and Hinduism you. On Alberto Giacometti? Here you can find the right 500 word essay example and essay etiquette carefully study it. What does a 500 word essay look like? You can't start writing until you decide on the type of your essay. Once you understand how your 500 word essay should look like and giacometti what it should consist of, it will be much easier for you to start working. Let's take a look at the common essay types to help you find the right one. This is the most common type of academic essay.

Your 500 word essay should consist of a thorough analysis of your topic. You should provide necessary research and experiments and clearly explain your position. In this type of essay, you describe a situation, a person, a place or an essayist a chapter experience. Essay? It gives you an opportunity to essay etiquette, demonstrate your creative abilities. You can choose this type of essay if you want to tell the story and make your text more personal. A narrative essay can be emotional and reflect the author's personal views regarding a particular topic or a situation. This essay is essay on alberto, like an expository essay, but an argumentative essay requires you to go deeper into your research. An argumentative essay allows to look at the topic from a chapter all sides, so you need to prepare it carefully. How long does it take to write a 500 word essay? Planning a short essay does not require a lot of time but writing a 500 word essay can take much more time than a regular essay.

While writing your 500 word essay, you need to focus on only one main idea. Essay? This will make your task easier and will help you avoid unnecessary sentences. Generally, researching and writing a 500 word essay takes about on marxism 2-3 hours. Of course, everything depends on essay on alberto, a topic you choose and your ability to find all the necessary information quickly. However, your research might take much longer or you might run out of ideas. In these cases, prepare to spend more time to complete your essay. If you don't have the time or need some essay help, you can always turn to and Hinduism, an essay writing service. What topics are suitable for 500 word essays?

As you probably know, not every topic is easy to write about. The choice of a topic in essay giacometti many ways depends on what type of essay you need to write. Also, it is important to consider the word limit: it will be quite difficult to international essay competitions high school students, fully cover a serious topic in a 500 word essay. If the topic is not specified, there are many different things you can write about. Research papers may seem boring, but you can study many new and interesting things in giacometti the process of short on marxism completing it. You just have to choose the right topic and it will fascinate you. How can we protect the environment? Equal pay and on alberto giacometti ways to achieve equality.

Nowadays, educational institutions use special types of essays which are meant to teach students a system of causes and effects. What are the effects of spending too much time on the Internet? What causes people to essay etiquette, spend so much during the sales? Every day we make many different choices. Why not choose comparison and essay giacometti contrast as a fundamental idea for your essay?

What is your choice - textbooks or eBooks? What is more convenient - Twitter or Facebook? If you are good at proving your point of view and are ready to treat facts subjectively, then this type of essay suits you best. Are sugar substitutes healthy for you? Should marijuana be used as a medical treatment? Words can have a huge impact on people. If you can speak persuasively, you can make people follow you and adopt your point of view. This is short, a very valuable practice that will be useful throughout your life. Should army service be obligatory? Should parents be certified first to have children? Therefore, 500 word essay writing can be hard.

To make this process easier, you can pay attention to the following points: Keep it brief. Don't use meaningless words. Essay On Alberto? Develop your writing style by using synonyms. Use powerful and active words for convincing your audience. Be consistent with paragraphs. Always use only one style while writing your essay. Divide long sentences into short ones. Use clear sentence structures for your arguments. Buddhism And Hinduism? How to on alberto, create a 500 word essay structure? Every essay writer knows that structure is one of the most important things to consider when writing an essay. Essay Etiquette? The standard structure includes: An introduction of your essay should state your opinion very clearly, give background information or describe the current situation.

In the giacometti body of a 500 word essay, you should point out all of your arguments and give supporting evidence. The conclusion should improve the short essay effect that your arguments had on essay giacometti, the audience. What are the critical points for 500 word essay editing? When you're done with your 500 word essay, don't forget to proofread it. Pay special attention to essayist a chapter on ears, your writing style, the repetition of words, the essay on alberto consistency of sentences, and the persuasiveness of the arguments.

If you are still asking yourself: 'How should I edit my paper?', you can turn to essay school students, companies that provide proofreading and editing services. 500 word essay format may be a challenge because it is hard to essay giacometti, share your thoughts briefly. But now you are armed with the tips that can make it easier. Remember that writing a 500 word essay is a skill that can be built only with practice. Good luck with your essays!

Custom Academic Paper Writing Services -
Review: Alberto Giacometti | Art and design | The Guardian

con vietnam essay In 20000 BC, before the first history was recorded in writings, there had been already among people the legends and mythology about the origin of Viet nation from HUNG VUONG. These are stories on HONG BANG dynasty, offspring of dragon and fairy, bag of hundred eggs, eighteen kings of Hung Vuong dynasty, Son Tinh - Thuy Tinh's conflict, Thanh Giong's victory over An foreign aggressors, folk of betel and essay, areca nuts, banh chung banh day, watermelon . Essay Etiquette! All these legends together can be regarded as a folk history. These historic legends were firstly collected and compiled by the contemporary authors' view. The two symbolic works of this aspect were Viet Dien U Linh by Ly Te Xuyen with a foreword in 1329, and Linh Nam Trich Quai by Tran The Phap in around end of Tran (1226), then edited by Vu Quynh and Kieu Phu in Le era (1428) with prologue in 1492-1493. According to one of the numerous legends concerning the origin of their state, a Vietnamese prince named LAC LONG QUAN came to Northern Viet Nam from his home in on alberto, the sea. He married a princess from the mountain, AUCO, who is international essay competitions school students, also described as the wife of a Northern Intruder (Chinese?), on the top of Mount Tan Vien, sometimes around 2800 BC Instead of the essay commonplace results of a union, the princess laid 100 eggs - when they hatched, a son emerged from each of four types, them. Afterward, the parents separated because he was dragon from the sea, she was lady fair from the mountain. Therefore, the on alberto giacometti mother led half the progeny across the international essay competitions school northern mountains, and became the ancestors of the Muong. While the remaining fifty followed the on alberto father to the sea and became ancestors of the Vietnamese. The most valiant of the sons was chosen to be the essay on marxism first of the eighteen HUNG VUONG kings.

Lac Long Quan, a prince of the sea, and Au Co, a princess of the mountains, are regarded by the Vietnamese as their primal ancestors. Tai lieu tham khao: Lich su Viet Nam Trials and Tribulations of a Nation. Viet Nam has been successively known as. The new state based on the irrigation system in the region of the three rivers in Upper Tonkin must have produced excess wealth, requiring protection against predatory enemies from the exposed borders to the North and the South. Essay On Alberto! Therefore the need for on ears, extensive use of bronze technology for essay, various weaponry. By the Dong son period, the kingdom of VAN LANG extended to Hunan in Southern China. The capital was moved to Vinh Phu where the three rivers - Song Da (Black River), Song Ma (Red River) and Song Chay meet. A Chapter! What led to essay on alberto giacometti, the fall of the HUNG rulers of VAN LANG, known to us partly through the Dong son cultural remains, cannot be established by and Hinduism historical evidence. By 300 BC, it seems the people in the region of essay, Kwangtung and Tonkin were divided into a chapter, AU VIET, namely, Vietnamese of the highlands and LAC VIET, Vietnamese of the essay on alberto plains.

AN DUONG VUONG, about Buddhism whom also not much is known, politically united them into essay giacometti, the kingdom of essays donald, AU LAC. Most scholars by now, accept that the Vietnamese are not descended from essay, one single racial group, that they are instead a racial mixture of Austro-Indonesian and Buddhism, Mongolian races. The government is still very simple. Hung Vuong is the head of essay on alberto giacometti, Van Lang. In Hung Vuong title, Vuong (a Chinese word, meaning King) is clearly to be added by Buddhism later-time historians because of the concept of the essay head of list and explain four, a state should be the King. In Muong language, there is essay on alberto giacometti, term kun in lang kun indicating the eldest son of the first family in line of descent who ruled the not knowing donald Muong. Probably, the word Hung is the Chinese phonetic transcription of an ancient Vietnamese which is synonymous and homonymous with kun, khun, khunzt . to address the chief of tribe, the leader. He was assisted by Lac Hau (civilian chiefs). Van Lang was composed of on alberto giacometti, 15 bo(administrative division), and according to Viet Su Luoc, these bo were originally 15 tribes. Each bo was headed by Lac Tuong (military chiefs), or according to a number of legend and mythological tradition, these functionaries were also named bo chua, bo tuong, phu dao (meaning chief of tribes).

Archaeological findings indicate that the early peoples of the Red River delta area may have been among the first East Asians to practice agriculture, and by the 1st century BC they had achieved a relatively advanced level of and explain, Bronze Age civilization. In 221 BC the Ch'in dynasty in China completed its conquest of neighboring states and became the first to rule over a united China. The Ch'in Empire, however, did not long survive the death of its dynamic founder, Shih Huang Ti, and the impact of its collapse was soon felt in Viet Nam. In the wreckage of the empire, the Chinese commander in the south built his own kingdom of essay, Nam Viet (South Viet; Chinese, Nan Yüeh); the young state of Au Lac was included. List Four Types! In 111 BC, Chinese armies conquered Nam Viet and on alberto giacometti, absorbed it into the growing Han Empire.

The Chinese conquest had fateful consequences for the future course of Vietnamese history. After briefly ruling through local chieftains, Chinese rulers attempted to international high school students, integrate Viet Nam politically and culturally into essay giacometti, the Han Empire. Chinese administrators were imported to replace the local landed nobility. Political institutions patterned after the list and explain Chinese model were imposed, and Confucianism became the official ideology. The Chinese language was introduced as the medium of official and literary expression, and Chinese ideographs were adopted as the written form for the Vietnamese spoken language.

Chinese art, architecture, and music exercised a powerful impact on their Vietnamese counterparts. 39. TRUNG SISTERS. Vietnamese resistance to rule by the Chinese was fierce but sporadic. The most famous early revolt took place in essay giacometti, AD 39, when two widows of local aristocrats, the Trung sisters, led an uprising against foreign rule. The revolt was briefly successful, and the older sister, Trung Trac, established herself as ruler of an independent state. Chinese armies returned to the attack, however, and in AD 43 Viet Nam was reconquered. The Trung sisters' revolt was only the essay first in a series of intermittent uprisings that took place during a thousand years of Chinese rule in essay on alberto, Viet Nam. Finally, in 939, Vietnamese forces under Ngo Quyen took advantage of chaotic conditions in China to short essay, defeat local occupation troops and on alberto, set up an independent state. Ngo Quyen's death a few years later ushered in international competitions high students, a period of essay giacometti, civil strife, but in the early 11th century the first of the great Vietnamese dynasties was founded.

Under the astute leadership of several dynamic rulers, the Ly dynasty ruled Viet Nam for more than 200 years, from 1010 to 1225. Although the essay high rise of the Ly reflected the emergence of a lively sense of Vietnamese nationhood, Ly rulers retained many of the essay on alberto giacometti political and international students, social institutions that had been introduced during the period of Chinese rule. Confucianism continued to provide the foundation for the political institutions of the state. The Chinese civil service examination system was retained as the essay means of selecting government officials, and although at first only members of the nobility were permitted to compete in the examinations, eventually the right was extended to include most males. The educational system also continued to reflect the Chinese model. Young Vietnamese preparing for the examinations were schooled in the Confucian classics and essayist on ears, grew up conversant with the great figures and ideas that had shaped Chinese history. Vietnamese society, however, was more than just a pale reflection of China. Beneath the veneer of essay, Chinese fashion and thought, popular mostly among the upper classes, native forms of expression continued to types, flourish. Young Vietnamese learned to on alberto, appreciate the great heroes of the Vietnamese past, many of whom had built their reputation on resistance to the Chinese conquest. At the village level, social mores reflected native forms more than patterns imported from China.

Although to the superficial eye Viet Nam looked like a smaller dragon, under the tutelage of the great empire to the north it continued to have a separate culture with vibrant traditions of its own. 1010. Essay Etiquette! LY DYNASTY. Like most of its neighbors, Viet Nam was primarily an agricultural state, its survival based above all on essay on alberto, the cultivation of wet rice. As in medieval Europe, much of the land was divided among powerful noble families, who often owned thousands of list and explain four types, serfs or domestic slaves. A class of landholding farmers also existed, however, and powerful monarchs frequently attempted to essay on alberto, protect this class by limiting the power of feudal lords and essay etiquette, dividing up their large estates.

The Vietnamese economy was not based solely on agriculture. Commerce and manufacturing thrived, and local crafts appeared in regional markets throughout the area. Viet Nam never developed into a predominantly commercial nation, however, or became a major participant in essay on alberto giacometti, regional trade patterns. 1225. TRAN'S TERRITORIAL EXPANSION. Under the rule of the Ly dynasty and its successor, the Tran (1225-1400), Viet Nam became a dynamic force in Southeast Asia. Essay High School! China's rulers, however, had not abandoned their historic objective of controlling the Red River delta, and when the Mongol dynasty came to power in the 13th century, the on alberto giacometti armies of competitions high students, Kublai Khan attacked Viet Nam in an effort to reincorporate it into the Chinese Empire. The Vietnamese resisted with vigor, and after several bitter battles they defeated the essay on alberto giacometti invaders and drove them back across the essayist border. Essay! While the Vietnamese maintained their vigilance toward the north, an area of equal and growing concern lay to the south. For centuries, the Vietnamese state had been restricted to its heartland in the Red River valley and adjacent hills. Tension between Viet Nam and the kingdom of Champa, a seafaring state along the central coast, appeared shortly after the essay restoration of Vietnamese independence.

On several occasions, Cham armies broke through Vietnamese defenses and occupied the capital near Hanoi. More frequently, Vietnamese troops were victorious, and they gradually drove Champa to the south. Essay On Alberto Giacometti! Finally, in the 15th century, Vietnamese forces captured the Cham capital south of present-day Da Nang and donald, virtually destroyed the essay on alberto giacometti kingdom. For the next several generations, Viet Nam continued its historic march to the south, wiping up the remnants of the Cham Kingdom and gradually approaching the marshy flatlands of the Mekong delta. There it confronted a new foe, the barthelme Khmer Empire, which had once been the most powerful state in the region.

By the late 16th century, however, it had declined, and it offered little resistance to Vietnamese encroachment. Essay On Alberto Giacometti! By the end of the 17th century, Viet Nam had occupied the essays donald barthelme lower Mekong delta and essay on alberto, began to advance to the west, threatening to transform the and Hinduism disintegrating Khmer state into a mere protectorate. 1428. LE DYNASTY. The Vietnamese advance to the south coincided with new challenges in the north.

In 1407 Viet Nam was again conquered by essay on alberto Chinese troops. For two decades, the Ming dynasty attempted to reintegrate Viet Nam into the empire, but in 1428, resistance forces under the rebel leader Le Loi dealt the Chinese a decisive defeat and not knowing donald, restored Vietnamese independence. Le Loi mounted the throne as the first emperor of the Le dynasty. The new ruling house retained its vigor for more than a hundred years, but in the 16th century it began to decline. Power at court was wielded by two rival aristocratic clans, the Trinh and the Nguyen. When the former became dominant, the Nguyen were granted a fiefdom in the south, dividing Viet Nam into two separate zones.

Rivalry was sharpened by the machinations of European powers newly arrived in essay on alberto giacometti, Southeast Asia in pursuit of wealth and Christian converts. By the late 18th century, the Le dynasty was near collapse. Vast rice lands were controlled by grasping feudal lords. Essayist A Chapter! Angry peasantsled by essay on alberto giacometti the Tay Son brothersrevolted, and in 1789 Nguyen Hue, the ablest of the Buddhism and Hinduism brothers, briefly restored Viet Nam to united rule. Nguyen Hue died shortly after ascending the giacometti throne; a few years later Nguyen Anh, an heir to the Nguyen house in the south, defeated the Tay Son armies. As Emperor Gia Long, he established a new dynasty in 1802. 1830. FRENCH INTERVENTION.

A French missionary, Pierre Pigneau de Behaine, had raised a mercenary force to help Nguyen Anh seize the barthelme throne in the hope that the on alberto giacometti new emperor would provide France with trading and missionary privileges, but his hopes were disappointed. The Nguyen dynasty was suspicious of French influence. Roman Catholic missionaries and their Vietnamese converts were persecuted, and a few were executed during the 1830s. Religious groups in France demanded action from the government in Paris. Buddhism And Hinduism! When similar pressure was exerted by commercial and military interests, Emperor Napoleon III approved the launching of a naval expedition in 1858 to punish the Vietnamese and on alberto giacometti, force the court to Buddhism, accept a French protectorate. The first French attack at Da Nang Harbor failed to achieve its objectives, but a second farther south was more successful, and in 1862 the essay on alberto court at Hue agreed to cede several provinces in the Mekong delta (later called Cochin China) to France. In the 1880s the French returned to essays barthelme, the offensive, launching an attack on on alberto, the north. After severe defeats, the Vietnamese accepted a French protectorate over the remaining territory of Viet Nam. 1854.

COLONIAL RULE RESISTANCE. The imposition of French colonial rule had met with little organized resistance. The national sense of identity, however, had not been crushed, and anticolonial sentiment soon began to emerge. Essay On Marxism! Poor economic conditions contributed to native hostility to French rule. Although French occupation brought improvements in transportation and communications, and contributed to the growth of commerce and manufacturing, colonialism brought little improvement in livelihood to the mass of the population. In the essay giacometti countryside, peasants struggled under heavy taxes and high rents. Workers in factories, in coal mines, and on Buddhism and Hinduism, rubber plantations labored in abysmal conditions for low wages. By the early 1920s, nationalist parties began to demand reform and independence. Essay Giacometti! In 1930 the and Hinduism revolutionary Ho Chi Minh formed an essay on alberto giacometti, Indochinese Communist party. Until World War II started in essay etiquette, 1939, such groups labored without success.

In 1940, however, Japan demanded and received the on alberto right to place Viet Nam under military occupation, restricting the local French administration to figurehead authority. Seizing the opportunity, the Communists organized the essay etiquette broad Vietminh Front and prepared to essay on alberto, launch an uprising at the war's end. The Vietminh (short for Viet Nam Doc Lap Dong Minh, or League for the Independence of Viet Nam) emphasized moderate reform and national independence rather than specifically Communist aims. List And Explain Types Of Essay! When the Japanese surrendered to the Allies in August 1945, Vietminh forces arose throughout Viet Nam and declared the establishment of an independent republic in Hanoi. The French, however, were unwilling to concede independence and in October drove the Vietminh and other nationalist groups out on alberto giacometti, of the donald south. For more than a year the French and the Vietminh sought a negotiated solution, but the talks, held in France, failed to essay giacometti, resolve differences, and war broke out in December 1946.

The conflict lasted for nearly eight years. 1954. DIEN BIEN PHU FIRST MASS EXODUS FROM NORTH TO SOUTH. The Vietminh retreated into the hills to build up their forces while the French formed a rival Vietnamese government under Emperor Bao Dai, the last ruler of the Nguyen dynasty, in populated areas along the coast. Vietminh forces lacked the strength to essay competitions school, defeat the French and generally restricted their activities to guerrilla warfare. In 1953 and 1954 the French fortified a base at Dien Bien Phu. After months of siege and on alberto, heavy casualties, the Vietminh overran the fortress in a decisive battle. After Geneva, the Vietminh in Hanoi refrained from armed struggle and short, began to build a Communist society. Giacometti! In the southern capital, Saigon, Bao Dai soon gave way to a new regime under the staunch anti-Communist president Ngo Dinh Diem. With diplomatic support from the United States, Diem refused to hold elections and high school, attempted to destroy Communist influence in the South.

By 1959, however, Diem was in trouble dealing with domestic opposition that led to rising unrest. The Communists decided it was time to resume their revolutionary war. 1975. VIET NAM WAR'S GRUESOME ENDING. In the fall of 1963, Diem was overthrown and killed in a coup launched by his own generals. In the political confusion that followed, the security situation in South Viet Nam continued to essay on alberto giacometti, deteriorate, putting the Communists within reach of victory. In early 1965, to international competitions high, prevent the total collapse of the Saigon regime, U.S. President Lyndon Johnson approved regular intensive bombing of North Viet Nam and the dispatch of U.S. combat troops into the South. The U.S. intervention caused severe problems for the Communists on the battlefield and on alberto giacometti, compelled them to send regular units of the North Vietnamese army into the South. It did not persuade them to abandon the short essay on marxism struggle, however, and in essay on alberto, 1968, after the North's bloody Tet offensive shook South Viet Nam to its foundations, the Johnson administration decided to pursue a negotiated settlement. Ho Chi Minh died in 1969 (?) and short essay, was succeeded by another leader of the essay on alberto revolution, Le Duan.

The new U.S. president, Richard Nixon, continued Johnson's policy while gradually withdrawing U.S. Essayist On Ears! troops. In January 1973 the war temporarily came to giacometti, an end with the signing of a peace agreement in Paris. The settlement provided for the total removal of remaining U.S. troops, while Hanoi tacitly agreed to accept the Thieu regime in preparation for new national elections. The agreement soon fell apart because in Buddhism, early 1975 the Communists launched a military offensive. In six weeks, the resistance of the Thieu regime collapsed, and on April 30 the Communists seized power in Saigon. A mass exodus began. An estimated 2 million people set out by sea thus the term boat people. For every person made it to the shore 2 others died of starvation, drowing or murdered, raped by pirates.

The escapes continued many years afterward. On Alberto Giacometti! Following the list and explain Fall of Saigon, Reeducation camps were set up by the communist government to imprison over 2+ million former military officers and government workers as means of revenge and repression. According to essay on alberto, published academic studies in a chapter, the United States and Europe, 165,000 people died in re-education camps due to tortured or abused. Prisoners were incarcerated for as long as 17 years, with most terms ranging from on alberto, 3 to 10 years. 1976. COMMUNIST VIET NAM. In 1976 Vietnam beame a new Socialist Republic of Viet Nam.

The conclusion of the war, however, did not end the violence. Border tension with the Communist government in Cambodia escalated rapidly after the fall of international essay competitions high school, Saigon, and in early 1979 the Vietnamese invaded Cambodia and installed a pro-Vietnamese government. A few weeks later, Viet Nam was itself attacked by its Communist neighbor and erstwhile benefactor, China. Within Viet Nam, postwar economic and giacometti, social problems were severe, and reconstruction proceeded slowly. Corruption further retarded Viet Nam's recovery. Short Essay On Marxism! The country signed a peace agreement with Cambodia in 1991 and shortly thereafter restored diplomatic relations with China.

The United States removed a trade embargo in 1994. WHO'S WHO IN VIET NAM HISTORY? Kinh Duong Vuong reigns over the Xich Quy kingdom that spread in the North up to the Blue river; in the South to Central Viet Nam; in the West up to essay on alberto giacometti, Sseutch'ouan; and in the East as far as the sea. The Hong Bang dynasty that reigns over the Van Lang kingdom situated in Tonquin and in the Northern part of Central Viet Nam. The Thuc dynasty. The Trieu dynasty. Chinese general Tch'ao To (Trieu Da) who reigns over a chapter on ears, the Nan-yue (Nam Viet) kingdom with capital at Fan-yu, subdued the essay on alberto giacometti Au Lac kingdom.

He founded the Trieu dynasty that reigns at Fan-yu. In Tonquin (Kiao-tche, Giao Chi), legend of My Chau and Trong Thuy attached to the Co Loa capital (Phuc Yen province). Trung Trac and Trung Nhi. In 39, when two widows of Buddhism and Hinduism, local aristocrats, the Trung sisters, led an uprising against foreign rule. The revolt was briefly successful, and the older sister, Trung Trac, established herself as ruler of an independent state. Chinese armies returned to the attack, however, and in 43 Viet Nam was reconquered.

M t xin r a s ch n c th , Hai xin em l i nghi m x a h H ng. Ba k o oan c l ng ch ng, B n xin v n v n s công lênh n y! Foremost, I will avenge my country, Second, I will restore the Hung lineage, Third, I will avenge the death of my husband,

Lastly, I vow that these goals will be accomplished. Source: Thien Nam Ngu Luc, 17th century. Trieu Thi Trinh (225-248) aka Trieu Au, fought for Viet Nam's independence against China in 248. Defeated at the age of 23, she committed suicide. Tôi mu n c i c n gi m nh, p lu ng s ng d , ch m c k nh bi n kh i, nh u i quân Ngô, gi nh l i giang s n, c i ch nô l , ch tôi không ch u khom l ng l m t thi p ng i. I want to track storms, ride hazardous waves, hunt sharks in the open sea, expel the Chinese invaders, restore the country, untie servitude, and never descend to be someone's concubine. Source: Viet Su Thong Giam Cuong Muc. The earlier Ly and Trieu. The Ngo dynasty.

In a protracted war which ended with the celebrated battle of on alberto, Bach Dang. General Ngo Quyen vanquished the Chinese invaders and founded the essay students first National dynasty. Ngo Quyen transfered the capital to Co Loa, the capital of Au Lac Kingdom, thus affirming the continuity of the traditions of the Lac Viet people. On Alberto! Ngo Quyen spent 6 years of his reign fighting the not knowing donald barthelme continual revolts of the feudal lords. Essay Giacometti! At his death in 967, the kingdom fell into chaos and became known as the land of essayist a chapter on ears, Thap Nhi Su Quan, the 12 feudal principlities constantly fighting each other. The Dinh dynasty. The most powerful of the 12 feudal lords, Dinh Bo Linh rapidly ruled out the others. He reunified the country and took the essay on alberto giacometti imperial title of Dinh Tien Hoang De (The First August Emperor Dinh). He negotiated a non-aggression treaty in exchange for short essay on marxism, tributes payable to the Chinese every 3 years. This set the traditions with China which were to last for centuries. On the domestic front, Dinh Tien Hoang established a royal court and a hierarchy of civil and military servants.

He instated a rigorous justice system and essay, introduced the death penalty to serve as a deterrent to all who threatened the new order of the new kingdom. He organized a regular army divided into 10 Dao. Security and order were progressively re-established, inaugurating a new era of Thai Binh (peace). He was assasinated in 979 by a palace guard, who according to the Annals, saw a star falling into short on marxism, his mouth - a celestial omen heralding promotion. Essay On Alberto Giacometti! The heir to essay competitions high students, the throne was only 6 years old. The earlier Le dynasty. Le Hoan dethroned Dinh Bo Linh's heir and proclaimed himself King Le Dai Hanh. He retained the capital in Hoa Luu and succeeded in warding off several Chinese invasions. With peace assured on the northern border, he decided to pacify the South. On Alberto! In 982, Le Dai Hanh launched a military expedition against Buddhism, the Champa kingdom, entered Indrapura (present-day Quang Nam) and burnt the Champa citadel. The conquest of this nothern part of the Champa Kingdom brought about a marked Cham influence on Vietnamese culture, particular in the fields of music and dance.

Le Dai Hanh devoted a great deal of energy to essay giacometti, developing the road network in international school, order to essay on alberto giacometti, better administer the types countrýs different regions. Giacometti! After 24 years of essay etiquette, difficult rule, he died in 1005. Genghis Khan, original name Temujin (1167?-1227), Mongol conqueror, whose nomad armies created a vast empire under his control, from China to Russia. He was born near Lake Baikal in Russia, the son of Yesukai, a Mongol chief and ruler of a large region between the Amur River and on alberto, the Great Wall of essayist, China. At the age of 13, Temujin succeeded his father as tribal chief. His early reign was marked by successive revolts of his subject tribes and an intense struggle to retain his leadership, but the Mongol ruler soon demonstrated his military genius and conquered not only his intractable subjects but his hostile neighbors as well. By 1206 Temujin was master of almost all of Mongolia.

In that year, a convocation of the subjugated tribes proclaimed him Genghis Khan (Chinese cheng-sze, precious warrior; Turkish khan, lord), leader of the essay united Mongol and essayist on ears, Tatar tribes; the city of Karakorum was designated his capital. The khan then began his conquest of China. By 1208 he had established a foothold inside the Great Wall, and in 1213 he led his armies south and west into the area dominated by the Juchen Chin (or Kin) dynasty (1122-1234), not stopping until he reached the Shantung Peninsula. In 1215 his armies captured Yenking (now Beijing), the last Chin stronghold in northern China, and in 1218 the Korean Peninsula fell to the Mongols. In 1219, in retaliation for the murder of some Mongol traders, Genghis Khan turned his armies westward, invading Khoresm, a vast Turkish empire that included modern Iraq, Iran, and part of Western Turkestan.

Looting and massacring, the Mongols swept through Turkestan and sacked the cities of Bukhoro and Samarqand. In what are now northern India and Pakistan, the essay invaders conquered the cities of Peshawar and Lahore and and explain four types of essay, the surrounding countryside. In 1222 the on alberto Mongols marched into Russia and essay competitions students, plundered the region between the Volga and Dnepr rivers and from the Persian Gulf almost to the Arctic Ocean. Essay On Alberto! The greatness of the khan as a military leader was borne out not only by his conquests but by the excellent organization, discipline, and maneuverability of his armies. Moreover, the Mongol ruler was an admirable statesman; his empire was so well organized that, so it was claimed, travelers could go from one end of his domain to on ears, the other without fear or danger. At his death, on August 18, 1227, the Mongol Empire was divided among his three sons and gradually dissipated. Four of his grandsons, however, became great Mongol leaders in their own right. Genghis Khan's invasions were of great historical importance long after his death, for the Turks, who fled before him, were driven to their own invasion of essay giacometti, Europe. Nam Qu c s n h Nam Ð c. ti t nhiên nh ph n t i thiên th. nh h ngh ch l lai xâm ph m. nh ng h nh khan th b i h.

Over the essayist a chapter on ears southern mountains and rivers, the Emperor of the South shall reign, This was written down in the Book of Heaven. How dare those barbarians invade our soil? They will surely meet with defeat. Ly Cong Uan was a disciple of essay on alberto, a famous monk, Van Hanh, who helped him into power in the Hoa Luu Court. Assuming the name Ly Thai To, the new sovereign inaugurated his dynasty with a change of essay etiquette, capital. Essay On Alberto Giacometti! According to the Annals, king Ly Thai To saw the short on marxism apparition of an ascending dragon on the site of the on alberto giacometti future capital and decided to name it Thang Long (Ascending Dragon).

Ly Thanh Tong rechristened the country Dai Viet. Ly Thai Tong, Ly Anh Tong, and Ly Cao Tong led the Buddhist sects of Thao Duong and founded some 150 monasteries in international essay competitions high school students, the region of Thang Long. The Ly dynasty consolidated the monarchy by setting up a centralized government and establishing a tax system, a judiciary system and a professional army. Important public works, including the building of dikes and canals, were undertaken inorder to develop argriculture and settle the population. Vietnamese art and culture thrived during the Ly dynasty. The Tran dynasty. Tran Hung Dao (1213-1300), Vietnamese general.

In 1284, Kublai Khan leads a 500,000-man Chinese army into Viet Nam. Essay Giacometti! Guerrillas organized by Tran Hung Dao virtually destroy the invasion force. He is greatly credited with having repelled three major Mongol invasions. High! He recommended many men of great talents: Da Tuong, Yet Kieu, were credited with killing Generals Omar and on alberto, Sogetsu of essay school, Yuan army. Many other intellects/ pillars of the Tran court were his former subordinates. If the Mongols are not defeated, we will not retreat. Kublai Khan (1215-94), Mongol military leader, founder and first emperor (1279-94) of the Mongol Yuan dynasty in China, grandson of the Mongol conqueror Genghis Khan and his best-known successor.

Kublai Khan completed the essay on alberto conquest of not knowing essays barthelme, China that was begun by his grandfather. From 1252 to 1259 he aided his brother Mangu Khan in the conquest of southern China, penetrating successfully as far as Tibet and Tonkin. Essay On Alberto! Upon the short essay on marxism death of Mangu in 1259 he became the khan, or ruler. Between 1260 and on alberto giacometti, 1279 he succeeded in driving the Kin Tatars out of northern China and in subduing rebellious factions among the Mongols. In 1264 he founded his capital on the site now occupied by essays donald Beijing; it was called Khanbalik, which is romanized as Cambaluc or Cambalu. He relinquished all claims to the parts of the Mongol Empire outside China, consolidated his hold on essay giacometti, China, and in 1279 established the Yuan dynasty as the successor to the Southern Sung dynasty. International Essay Competitions High! He undertook foreign wars in attempts to enforce tribute claims on on alberto giacometti, neighboring states, conquering Burma and Korea.

His military expeditions to Java and Japan, however, met with disaster. His name was known all over Asia and also in Europe. The court at Cambaluc attracted an international group of adventurous men, including the famous Venetian traveler Marco Polo. List Four! Kublai Khan did much to encourage the giacometti advancement of literature and the arts. He was a devout Buddhist and made Buddhism the state religion, but during his reign other religions were also tolerated. Bronze seal as authority emblem of Mongol officers. Princess Huyen Tran, married to the King of Champa in 1307. The marriage extended the national territory southwards with the peaceful annexation of the Hue region and at essayist the same time inaugurated the politics and diplomatic marriage.

Le Qui Ly, founded a dynasty under his ancestral name of Ho. Under Ho, the competitive examination system for administrators was modified to demand more practical knowledge of peasant life, mathematics, history, the Confucian classics and essay giacometti, literature. Legal reforms were undertaken and a medical service established. In 1407, The Ming intervention provoked the fall of the Ho dynasty. During the not knowing essays short period of Chinese occupation that followed, the Vietnamese suffered the most inhuman exploitation. The later Tran dynasty. Le Loi, Vietnamese emperor (1428-1433), established the kingdom of Dai Viet.

He organized a resistance movement from his village and waged a guerrilla war against the China's Ming Empire. By employing a strategy of surprise attacks targeting his adversary's weakest points, Le Loi managed to on alberto giacometti, further weaken the enemy and at the same time avoid combat with the superior Chinese forces. His enforcement of strict military discipline ensured that no pillaging was carried out by his troops in the regions under his control and this made him a very popular hero. Nguyen Trai, poet and strategist, set down the Vietnamese strategy in an essay which subordinate military action to the political and moral struggle, it stated: Better to conquer hearts than citadels. In 1426, Vietnamese finally routed the Chinese on a field at Tot Dong, west of Hano In an accord signed two years later, the Chinese recognized Viet Nam's independence, and apart from a last abortive attempt in 1788, China never again launched a full-scale assault against Viet Nam. Binh Ngo Dai Cao. Great Proclamation on the Victory over China, 14th Century.

Le Thai Tong, Vietnamese emperor, son of Le Thai To. His sudden death was followed by a decade of confusion marked by intrigues and plots within the Royal Court. Under his 36 year reign the country prospered as never before. Le Thanh Tong revised the international essay competitions high school students fiscal system, encouraged argriculture and placed great emphasis on essay giacometti, customs and moral principles. A writer himself, he founded the Tao Dan Academy and wrote the first volume of not knowing essays donald barthelme, national history. On Alberto! He reorganized army won an easy victory over the Champa army in 1471. His farmer-soldiers excelled not only on the battlefields, but also in essays, the fields where they established militarized argricultural communities wherever they went. In this way the national territory was gradually expanded southwards, until finally the giacometti Champa Kingdom was completely absorbed and list and explain four, assimilated in 1673. Alexandre de Rhodes, the essay on alberto giacometti misionary who traveled through out Asia in the 17th century. An accomplished linguist, he improvised Portuguese into and Hinduism, Quoc Ngu, still in use today, to on alberto giacometti, transcribe the Vietnamese language in Roman letters instead of essay competitions high school, Chinese ideographs.

The Mac dynasty. Mac Dang Dung, shrewded and essay on alberto, scheming adviser at the Royal Court, seized control and found the short essay Mac dynasty. The later Le dynasty. The Tay Son brothers. The Tay Son brothers - Nguyen Nhac, Nguyen Lu and Nguyen Hue - staged an uprising against the leading Le Lords. Quang Trung (1752-1792) was born in giacometti, Kien Thanh hamlet, Binh Thanh village, Binh Khe district (Binh Dinh province). In 1788, the Qing court decided to send an expeditionary corps to conquer the divided country.

Nguyen Hue proclaimed himself Emperor Quang Trung in Phu Xuan and overran the Chinese troops. He pacified the Northern part of the and Hinduism country from the Chinese border to the Hai Van pass in the Center and devoted his energies to national rehabilitation, administrative reorganization and essay, economic development. Significantly, Quang Trung replaced the Chinese Han with the popular Nôm as the and explain of essay official language. He died not long after 1792. Loi du tuong si (Military persuasion) Ð nh cho n ch ch luân b t ph n. Ð nh cho n phi n gi p b t ho n. Ð nh cho s tri nam qu c anh h ng chi h u ch. Fight, so our hair can grow. Fight, so our teeth can be black*

Fight, so the essay giacometti enemy's moral contradict within. Fight, so the enemy has no way out. Fight, because it's our birth-right. The Nguyen dynasty. Gia Long, nicknamed Nguyen Anh, founding emperor of the list and explain of essay Nguyen dynasty. In 1778, when the essay giacometti Nguyen Capital of Gia Dinh (Saigon) was seized by list and explain the Tay Son Rebellion, he was the only surviving member of the essay on alberto giacometti Nguyen lords. In 1787, he signed a treaty with France to restore the short essay on marxism Nguyen in power in return for the cession port of Tourane (Da Nang) and the island of Poulo Condore. On Alberto Giacometti! The promised assistant from France did not materialize. In 1801, he subdued the Tay Son with helps from the training in modern military techniques and Bishop of Adran.

The dynastic name Gia Long, taken from the names of the southern (Gia Dinh) and northern (Thang Long) capitals, symbolized the reunification. The new capital was place at Hue (Phu Xuan), near the central coast. Le Van Duyet (1763-1832), regional official in Buddhism and Hinduism, South Viet Nam during 19th century. In 1799, he led Nguyen forces against on alberto giacometti, the Tay Son at Qui Nhon. Gia Long appointed him regent of South Viet Nam including the authority to short, conduct foreign relations with Europe and other Southeast Asian nations. His attempt to essay, prevent Minh Mang's succession to the throne when Gia Long died, earned him the extreme wrath of the monarch. International Essay Competitions High! When he died in 1832, he was post-humously convicted and his grave desecrated, leading his adopted son, Le Van Khoi, to rebel.

The revolt posed a serious threat to Minh Mang because advantage was taken of it by Siam sending its troops to Cochin-China. On Alberto Giacometti! Minh Mang defeated Siamese troops and crushed the rebellion. Pierre Pigneau de Be'haine, Bishop of and Hinduism, Adran, the Catholic missionary who first evoked France's interest in Viet Nam. He befriended a pretender to the Vietnamese throne, Nguyen Anh, who founded the Nguyen dynasty. The Bishop of Adran saw an opportunity to expand the church's influence in the post Tay Son era and negotiated a promise of military aid for Nguyen Anh from the French Government in exchange for territorial and commercial rights. Prince Canh, Gia Long's eldest son, who accompanied Pierre Pigneau de Be'haine to the court of Louis XVI at Versailles, where he caused a sensation. Canh was educated at a missionary school in Malacca and converted to Catholicism which made him the first Viet prince educated by essay on alberto giacometti Westerners.

Minh Mang, Nguyen's 2nd emperor, once prince Mien Tong, son of Gia Long, a gentle scholar who French propagandists of the time depicted as a cruel tyrant. Essayist A Chapter On Ears! The Catholic missions had sped up their evangelization of the people provoked Ming Mang's anti-Catholic policy which ordered the prosecution of Catholic missionaries and their Vietnamese converts. The anti-Catholic policy gave French a pretext to intervene in Viet Nam. The landing of a French party in the port of essay giacometti, Tourane, in August 1858, heralded the beginning of the colonial occupation which was to last almost a century. Phan Thanh Gian (1796-1867).

In 1826, he earned a doctorate in the civil service examaminations and entered the imperial bureaucracy. He served as a deputy chief of a diplomatic mission to China, and Buddhism, later was named province chief in Quang Nam and Binh Dinh provinces. In 1862 he was appointed to negotiate a treaty with Napoleon III following the defeat by French forces at Ky Hoa. When the French violated the pact, Phan commited suicide after pledging his sons never to cooperate with France. Thieu Tri, Nguyen's 3rd emperor, became more and more entrenched in his Confucian doctrine, the country experienced an era of stagnancy. The court mandarins were increasingly blinded to the development of the outside world and worse still, implemented a policy of isolation that forbade any contact with foreigners.

In 1843, When Tri began to imprison the missionaries, French government sent a military expedition to Indochina with orders to protect and defend French interests and free the missionaries. Tu Duc, Nguyen's 4th emperor, whose crass persecution of Christians in his realm provided France with a pretext to giacometti, pursue its colonial encroachment in the region. And Hinduism! The execution of a Spanish bishop in 1857 led to essay on alberto giacometti, the French capture of Saigon in international essay competitions high, 1859, and three years later Tu Duc was forced to cede part of Cochin China; by 1867 France had annexed all of it. Tu Duc's later attempt to essay on alberto giacometti, play the short essay French against intervention by China succeeded only in the French occupation of Tonkin in 1882, but he died shortly before the final reduction of his country to a French protectorate in 1883. Ham Nghi, Nguyen's 8th emperor. Essay On Alberto Giacometti! After establishment of French Protectorate in 1884. Brother of Emperor Kien Phuc, who died after a brief reign in 1884, Ham Nghi rose to the throne at the age of twelve. In July 1845 he fled the capital of not knowing, Hue with Regent Ton That Thuyet to launch the Can Vuong resistance movement against French occupation. Essay On Alberto! Captured in international school, November 1888, Ham Nghi was sent to live out his life in exile in giacometti, Algeria, and died there in 1947.

Left: 18 years old portrait by M. Vuillier when he started his term as prisoner. Dong Khanh, Nguyen's 9th emperor, selected by the French to rule because of his docility. He reigned three years: 1885-1889. As his uncle, Emperor Tu Duc, had no children, Dong Khanh was adopted and not knowing essays barthelme, made the on alberto Duke of Kien Giang. Thanh Thai, Nguyen's 10th emperor under the French Protectorate.

A son of list, Emperor Duc Duc, who reigned for only 3 days. He resented French domination and on alberto, was deposed on suspicion of conspiracy in 1907. Exiled to the island of Reunion, he was later returned to Viet Nam. Duy Tan was son of King Thanh Thai became Nguyen's 11th emperor at 7 years old. He reigned for 9 years: 1907-1916. After France deposed and international school students, exiled King Thanh Thai, they wanted a very young succesor to easily controlled. Giacometti! Eventually his rebellion against the French led to his exile to Reunion Island in four types of essay, 1916. Right: Duy Tan as a boy.

Filthy hands could be washed, but how do you clean a filthy* country? The answer is simply to get rid of all foreign substances. (Khi tay ban thi lay nuoc ma rua, khi nuoc ban thi lay chi ma rua? Nuoc ban thi phai tim cach tru khu nhung chat ngoai lai lan vao trong do, hieu khong?) * Filthy= referring to the French colonial rulers. Khai Dinh, Nguyen's 12th emperor. Khai Dinh means auger of peace and stability. He reigned nine years: 1916-1925.

He was the son of Emperor Dong Khanh. Like his father, as French puppet, he was unpopular with the people. His unpopularity reached its peak in 1923 when he authorized the French to raise taxes on the Vietnamese peasants to pay for the building of his palatial tomb. Bao Dai, last emperor of the Nguyen dynasty of essay giacometti, Viet Nam. Essay High! Bao Dai means keeper of on alberto, greatness. He reigned 19 years: 1926-1945. He ruled under French and during the last days of a chapter on ears, World War II Japanese protection until forced out by on alberto the Viet Minh in 1945.

He returned in 1949 to and Hinduism, head the on alberto giacometti new state of Viet Nam til 1955, set up by France to list of essay, rival the Communist government of Ho Chi Minh. Giacometti! After Viet Nam's partition in 1954, Bao Dai remained head of state in South Viet Nam until deposed by Premier Ngo Dinh Diem the following year. Thereafter he lived in exile and died in 1997 (83 yo). Truong Cong Dinh, (1820-1864). Military commander of Vietnamese forces resisting the French conquest of essay etiquette, South Viet Nam in the early 1860s. Born in Quang Nam Province, he was the son of a career military officer, who was appointed commander of essay on alberto giacometti, royal troops in Gia Dinh Province, near present-day Saigon. When the threat of French invasion loomed in the late 1850s, he helped organize military settlements (cong dien) and became deputy commander of militia forces in the region. After taking part in the Battle of Ky Hoa (February 1861), Truong Dinh withdrew his forces south of Saigon, where he launched a prolonged guerrilla resistance against not knowing essays, French occupation. Ordered to desist by on alberto the imperial court after the Treaty of Saigon (June 1962), he refused and and explain of essay, continued the struggle. Essay On Alberto Giacometti! Wounded in battle in August 1864, he committed suicide. Ton That Thuyet, lanh tu phong trao Can Vuong.

Anti-French resistance leader in 19th century Viet Nam. After the Treaty of Protectorate in 1884 established French control over short essay on marxism, the Vietnamese Empire, Ton That Thuyet, an influential court official, fled with the young Emperor Ham Nghi in essay on alberto, the hope of launching a nationwide revolt against Buddhism, French rule. Seeking refuge in the mountains north of Hue, Ton That Thuyet and Ham Nghi issued an appeal entitled Save the King (Can Vuong) to the Vietnamese people for support. Phan Dinh Phung (1847-1895), lanh dao cuoc khoi nghia Huong Son, Huong Khe - Ha Tinh. Cung voi Cao Thang chi huy cuoc khoi nghia chong quan Phap trong 10 nam, 1885-1895. Anti-French resistance leader in late 19th-century Viet Nam. Essay! Raised in essay etiquette, a scholar-official family from Ha Tinh Province, Phan Dinh Phung received a doctorate in the civil service examinations given in 1877.

He served in the Imperial Censorate (Do Sat Vien), where he was noted for his integrity and was briefly imprisoned in essay on alberto, 1883 for refusing to sanction a successor to the deceased Emperor Tu Duc not designated by the emperor himself. When Emperor Ham Nghi issued his famous Can Vuong (Save the King) appeal in July 1885, Phan Dinh Phung responded and launched a revolt in not knowing barthelme, his native province of Ha Tinh. The movement quickly spread to neighboring provinces and lasted 10 years, despite numerous appeals to Phan Dinh Phung from colleagues who had chosen to collaborate with the French, and despite the desecration of his ancestral plot by on alberto giacometti the colonial regime. List Four Types Of Essay! The movement was a nuisance to the French, but the rebels lacked weapons and central direction from the puppet court in Hue, and on alberto giacometti, shortly after Phan Dinh Phung died of international essay competitions school, dysentery in December 1895 it collapsed. Hoang Hoa Tham (1858-1913), also known as De Tham (colonel Tham), leader of Yen The Imsurrection (lanh dao cuoc khoi nghia nong dan Yen The (Ha Bac)). On Alberto Giacometti! Holding out against and Hinduism, French control for 30 years (da ben bi to essay on alberto, chuc chong Phap trong gan 30 nam (1885-1913)). Pirate leader and essay etiquette, patriot in on alberto giacometti, French-ruled Viet Nam. Born in a poor peasant family in a chapter, Hung Yen Province in giacometti, the mid-19th century, De Tham was raised in Yen The, in the rugged mountains north of the Red River Delta, and as a young man joined the Black Flag bandit organization led by the pirate leader Luu Vinh Phuc. He became a bandit leader, stealing from the essay etiquette rich to help the poor. On Alberto! After vainly attempting to suppress his movement, the French made a truce with De Tham in 1893, but the latter began to essay etiquette, cooperate with anticolonial elements and allegedly took part in a plot to poison the Hanoi military garrison planned by Phan Boi Chau.

The French resumed their efforts to capture him, and he was assassinated by an agent of the French in 1913. Phan Boi Chau (1867-1940), lanh tu phong trao Dong Du, 1904-1909. Essay On Alberto Giacometti! Founder of the anti-colonial movement in early 20th-century Viet Nam. He earned a second class degree (Pho bang) in the metropolitan examinations in 1900. In 1903 he formed a revolutionary organization called the Restoration Society (Duy Tan Hoi) under the titular leadership of Prince Cuong De.

Two years later he established his headquarters in Japan, where he wrote patriotic tracts designed to stir anti-French sentiments among the general population and encourage young Vietnamese to flee abroad and join his exile organization. In 1912 he transformed the Modernization Society into a new organization, the list and explain four of essay Vietnamese Restoration Society (Viet Nam Quang Phuc Hoi). Several attempted uprisings in Viet Nam failed. Phan Boi Chau himself was briefly imprisoned in on alberto giacometti, China. On his release in 1917, he appeared temporarily discouraged at the prospects of victory, writing a pamphlet entitled France-Vietnamese Harmony (Phap-Viet De Hue) . In 1925 Phan Boi Chau was seized by French agents while passing through the International Settlement in Shanghai. Brought under guard to Hanoi, he was tried and convicted of treason. International Essay School Students! He spent the remainder of his life in house arrest in on alberto, Hue and died in 1940. Cuong De (1882-1951), Prince.

Member of the essay etiquette Nguyen royal house who took an active role in anti-colonial activities in French-ruled Viet Nam. A descendent of on alberto, Prince Canh, the international essay school students first son of founding Emperor Gia Long. Cuong De is a leader of Phong Trao Dong Du (On the Way to the East movement), led by the revolutionary Phan Boi Chau in support of Indochinese independence from France. The organization was encouraged by the victory of Japan over Russia in the Russo-Japanese War, and essay giacometti, received financial support from China and Japan. Essayist A Chapter! Between 1905 and 1910, it sponsored some 200 Vietnamese to essay, study in Japan. Luong Van Can (1854-1927), founder of Tonkin Free School (sang lap Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc tai Ha Noi, 1907), was a Vietnamese mandarin, independence activist and writer.

His most noted work is Nha Nuoc (The State). The school/ movement aimed to modernize Vietnamese society by abandoning Confucianism and and adopting new ideas from the West and essay etiquette, Japan. In particular, it promoted the quoc ngu script for writing Vietnamese in place of classical Chinese by publishing educational materials and newspapers using this script. In March 1908, a tax revolt and essay, an attempted poisoning of four, French soldiers in Hanoi were blamed on the leaders of the school by the French. Subsequently, all the leaders were arrested and on alberto giacometti, the school's publications were suppressed.

Phan Chu Trinh (1872-1926), one of a chapter, leaders of Duy Tan movement (thu linh cua phong trao Duy Tan), 1906-1908. His alias is Tay Ho (West Lake). He sought to end France's colonial occupation and attaining liberation by peace, appealing to French democratic principles, international support and essay on alberto giacometti, educating the population. His plan was to not knowing barthelme, raise up the people to abolish the monarchy instead of drive out foreign enemy, restore nation's independence first. He asked the French to live up to their civilisasion mission and criticizing them for their exploitation. In 1915, as part of The Group of Vietnamese Patriots, he co-wrote patriotic articles signed with the name Nguyen Ai Quoc which Ho Chi Minh later stole it. In 1908, he was arrested and sent to Con Dao island. Essay On Alberto! In 1911, he was pardoned and sentenced to Buddhism, house arrest.

He said I would rather return to prison than have partial freedom. He wrote 10 characteristics needed to improve the common populace 1. die for your believe 2. own a profession 3. have sense of adventure travel the world 4. On Alberto Giacometti! have the spirit of caring, love and help each other 5. grow financial system through honesty 6. Essay! get rid of tradition that bankrupt poor families 7. innovate instead of being stagnant 8. Hard work organize over laziness 9. Self-reliance and avoid superstition 10. As political leaders, one should put the on alberto benefit of the on marxism people above all and not for personal gain. Nguyen Thai Hoc (1908-1930), leader of Vietnamese Nationallist Party (lanh tu Viet Nam Quoc Dan Dang (VNQDD)) sought independence from French colonial rule from essay on alberto, 1927 to 1954. The Yen Bai mutiny was a revolt to competitions high, inspire a wider uprising in an attempt to overthrow the colonial regime and establish independence. However, the French crushed VNQDD severely dammaged by essay on alberto deaths, arrests and executions. Hoc was executed along with 11 VNQDD members on June 17, 1930.

Right picture: Pho Duc Chinh, the 23 years old members of VNQDD. Essay Etiquette! Before he stepped up to the guillotine, he requested to face the blade. He proudly screamed Viet Nam van tue (Viet Nam forever). Ngo Dinh Diem (1901-1963). First president of South Vietnam: Oct 1955-Nov 2, 1963.

Single, roman catholic and staunch anti-communist. His domestic oppositions have been infiltrated by the communist and led to rising unrest. He was overthrown in a US-backed military coup and executed along with his brother Ngo Dinh Nhu by ARVN officer Nguyen Van Nhung, inside Cha Tam church; After the victory of Viet Minh at Dien Bien Phu, the Viet Minh and China Communist gain control over entire North Viet Nam. The Viet Minh has great supports from essay, Soviet and China: Over 3000 Chinese advisors were participated in Dien Bien Phu; French withdrawal from Indochina resulted in the 1954 Geneva Accords. Diem didn't sign the accord because he didn't agree to the terms that the country will be divided into North and South. Diem denied the ability to vote for unification of Viet Nam, he believed Ho Chi Minh and the communist could not win the election, so they will sabotage it. Never regret a non-existed general election. In his 8 years term, South Viet Nam growth tremendously in essayist a chapter, all aspects: economic, political, educational, social development which was respected internationally. THOI KY DAU TRANH GIANH DOC LOC DAN TOC.

Trai hon 1,000 nam, cac tap doan phong kien phuong bac, tu Ch'in, Han, Sui, Tang, Sung, Yuan, Ming, Manchu den China, da thay phien nhau thuoc hien muu do xam luoc va dong hoa dan toc ta. Bang nhung chinh sac ap buc boc lot namg ne, chinh sach dong hoa tham doc. Chung muon xoa bo nen van hoa lau doi cua dan toc ta, bien dat nuoc ta thanh quyen huyen cua chung. Mac du voi am muu dong hoa triet de cua ke thu xam luoc tron suot hon 1,000 nam, nhung tinh hoa van hoa, tieng noi dan toc ta van duoc bao ton va phat trien. On Alberto! Voi tinh than doc lap dan toc, quyet khong chiu cam tam lam no le.

Nhan dan ta da lien tuc vung day chong lai ke thu. Tieu bieu la cuoc khoi nghia do Trung Sisters, ly bi lanh dao. Dac biet, nam 938 nhan dan ta duoi su lanh dao cua Ngo Quyen danh tan quan Tang (China) tren Bach Dang River, mo ra mot ky nguyen moi - thoi ky doc lap lau dai cua dan toc. COPYRIGHT NOTICE: ALL MATERIAL AT THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT BY VIETTOUCH, AND MAY NOT BE REPRINTED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OR STORED, OR TRANSMITTED BY ANY MEANS, INCLUDING ELECTRONIC, WITHOUT THE PRIOR CONSENT OF THE OWNER, EXCEPT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL OR EDUCATIONAL USES. International Competitions Students! ALL COMMERCIAL USE TRANSMISSION AND REPRODUCTION OF THIS SITE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Need Help Writing an Essay? -
Alberto Giacometti - SlideShare

essay stage 2017 Steve Campsall. write about a play. - Also read the essay on alberto giacometti, accompanying English biz guide to essay writing - Whether for controlled assesment or exam, writing about a play needs extra care. You will perhaps only not knowing essays, have read the play in class so take care to keep in essay, mind that plays are written for the stage, not the page. What the audience sees as well as hears - stage action and setting - must be at essay the heart of your analysis and discussion. Only if you analyse from the perspective of the play's audience , will you be able to recognise the essay, effect the play is having on them and understand the purposes intended by the playwright - always a two-fold purpose, for plot and theme . Essay Etiquette? Be sure you understand the full implications of on alberto this - read on!

STAY FOCUSED ON THE PLAY'S DRAMATIC ASPECTS. Be sure to consider the methods used , the effects created and the purposes intended of the and Hinduism, following dramatic aspects: structure, thatis, the on alberto, effects of sequences of action, a key plot device. the creation of intrigue, tension and suspense - the key elements of an effective plot. Another pitfall to avoid. Not knowing the play well enough is the essay etiquette, single biggest cause of a low grade.

Fortunately, it's easily resolved. so focus on the higher grade that'll be in store for you and spend some extra time re-reading and giacometti, reflecting on essayist on ears the play itself. A good essay can never be written without a good knowledge of the text - don't kid yourself otherwise, please. What will also help is to get hold of a good study guide . Click on one of the links below to find one free online. Pre-1914 plays pose special difficulties as they are often written using complex and essay giacometti, formal language. A study guide will be particularly useful if you are studying an older play. You're never going to know all there is to know about the play you're studying so, if you've read and discussed it in Buddhism and Hinduism, class and then re-read it at on alberto home along with a good study guide, you have done all that can be expected. Of course, this guide will help, too! If you're revising for an exam, ask your teacher to let you have a few past exam questions to Buddhism and Hinduism practise on. This will boost your confidence and you'll be better prepared.

What is it that gains most marks? It is the quality of on alberto giacometti your interpretation of the play's words and action that will largely determine the grade your work receives. When you interpret the action and dialogue of a play, you are finding, explaining and discussing the methods , effects and not knowing barthelme, purposes of the layers of meaning that exist beyond the surface meaning . Literature - whether a poem, play or novel - is about feeling perhaps more than meaning : this is why interpretation is the key skill. Plays always contain layers of meaning ; these are created by the playwright to help develop important aspects of the play, most especially its themes . To uncover these different layers of meaning, you will need to consider the what , how and why of essay giacometti such things as the mood being created, the way a character is donald barthelme being portrayed through dialogue and action, etc., how the stage setting (i.e. the time, place and context) adds to the play in subtle but important ways, and how the events ( plot ), stage action and on alberto giacometti, dialogue all work to essay etiquette help develop and explore the play's themes . All of essay these are covered in detail later. It's important to international essay competitions school realise that interpretation is not about essay on alberto facts . Essayist On Ears? An interpretation is, by essay its very nature, an opinion - a point of essayist on ears view . Essay On Alberto Giacometti? This is why examiners are not keen to international competitions students read the opinions of others - those of your teacher or those taken from a study guides, for example; examiners like to read about individual ideas - your ideas . These are always rewarded more highly. That said, it can be far easier to on alberto giacometti uncover these layers of meaning if you work with a friend on the play - other viewpoints can often help you to develop a deeper understanding of it. This does not mean you should ever copy from a friend - or rely on Buddhism a study guide - but it does mean that reading and discussing the play with others can be very helpful indeed.

Because interpretations are opinions not facts, they will need supporting by on alberto giacometti referring to the aspect of the text that caused them to arise. Essay? For more on this, see the English biz guide to essay writing by clicking here . You should also consider evaluating how successful or otherwise you believe the essay on alberto, playwright is being. Not Knowing? You might consider this in the light of the play's likely effect on different kinds of audience - a modern audience and the original audience for essay on alberto, the play. Below is an example of essayist a chapter on ears interpretation based on Priestley's play An Inspector Calls. Don't worry if you don't know this play - you will still get a good idea of giacometti what is being done. The purpose of the interpretation is not to show what you should be able to achieve but merely to show what can be achieved - and just how much can be said from so little! BIRLING : Well, it's my duty to keep labour costs down, and if I'd agreed to this demand for a new rate we'd have added about twelve per cent to our labour costs.

Does that satisfy you? So I refused. Said I couldn't consider it. We were paying the usual rates and if they didn't like those rates, they could go and work somewhere else. It's a free country, I told them. What kind of exam questions can be expected? 1. Questions based upon high an extract from the play. Usually the exam paper contains three questions on the play you have studied, the first of which is compulsory followed by a choice of on alberto giacometti answering one other question from two alternatives given.

The first question will usually be based upon a short extract printed out in the exam paper. List? This will usually concern a character in the play or the relationship between characters; it might also ask how an essay giacometti effect is created, such as tension. 2. Questions based upon a character, theme or an important aspect of the play. In this part of the exam paper you are given a choice of two questions from which to answer one. WAYS TO BOOST YOUR GRADE. Analysing and writing about a play means writing from the perspective of the essayist on ears, play's audience . This is essay on alberto very important . On Marxism? Doing this will transform your essay if you keep it in mind. Your aim should be to analyse BOTH the language and the stage action as if you were sitting in the theatre watching the action unfold before your eyes . Of course, you are more aware than the audience. You know, for example, what is to on alberto giacometti come at any point. You will, therefore, be able to write a fuller account than a member of the audience could at any point - but discussing what the audience are feeling and thinking will mean you will write about the structure of the play, which is such an important aspect as it reveals important aspects such as the effect of entrances and exits, of essays costume , setting , dramatic irony and tension . You will need to select appropriate quotations and descriptions of stage action from your play to support the on alberto giacometti, points you are making that will be developing your argument which forms the answer to the essay question ( find out more here ). When you do this, be sure to short on marxism explain and comment on the effects on the audience both of the language used and on aspects of stagecraft and dramatic devices . You need to take account of what has already occurred in the play , and show how this develops the essay giacometti, audience's sense of what might happen next . You need to look for and explain the dramatic techniques used in the play, as suggested above, for example, the list four, use of dramatic irony . These methods - some linked to essay on alberto the language of the play, some linked to the action on stage will put there by the dramatist to create specific and useful effects on the audience and essay etiquette, each of these will have a purpose attached to it, perhaps to develop a character, create a mood or tension , develop the essay giacometti, plot or explore a theme . Always remember that the purpose attached to a specific effect of language, interaction or stage action will be for a local effect at this point in the play, and will in some small way be contributing to the play's overall effects or theme. Be sure to discuss BOTH of these purposes to gain most marks and impress the examiner (see the box below for more on this).

Remember, too, that as audiences change over time it will be necessary to discuss how the a chapter on ears, play's original audience as well as a modern audience might react to giacometti the play, and how relevant the Buddhism, plays action and themes are to both kinds of audience. EFFECTS, METHODS AND PURPOSES. Whatever your essay question, you will be expected to look for and explain the effects the play is having on its audience, the methods being used to create these effects and the possible purposes behind them. Remember - there will always be two levels of purpose to discuss: first, there will always be what you might call a 'local' purpose - something to do with the essay on alberto giacometti, point in the play it occurs and quoting from; this will always be linked to some local aspect such as development of a character , creation of and explain four mood or tension , development of the plot , helping the giacometti, audience relate to or engage with the action and so on. But - as no part of a play is there for not knowing, no reason - there is very likely to be a secondary overall purpose that you can discuss - and this will be linked to the themes of the play. If your essay question involves discussing an extract from the play, the key thing to remember is that the essay giacometti, audience cannot know what follows the extract (even though you do!) - so part of your answer needs to essay discuss just this point and explain what effect the extract will have on on alberto giacometti changing what the audience knows up to this point : has it created dramatic irony, has it changed the mood, is it developing characters, tension, etc. Why is this done? How does it prepare the audience for what is to follow?

You will often also be expected to consider the effects of context - especially with regard to list of essay the different kinds of audience and how its members might interpret the play. Never forget, too, that no fixed interpretation is likely to be satisfactory - always try to consider other ways the essay giacometti, action and language of a play might be understood. In a drama essay, your purpose is Buddhism and Hinduism always to on alberto giacometti explore, explain and discuss the and Hinduism, various significant ways by which the tools of drama have been used to entertain and engage the audience, persuading them to think about the world in on alberto giacometti, a certain way - the Buddhism, dramatist's! The ideas explored by are called the play's themes and themes are always made clear through the play's characters and action. All essay questions will concern some aspect of theme and character. Drama is entertaining and a night out at the theatre is something many people look forward. Today, not realising what an interesting experience they are missing, of essay course, most people's experience of on ears plays is not that of live acting at a theatre but the recorded and edited action of essay on alberto giacometti TV. Plays are a unique and very special form of literature because they are based on a combination of language and action and are the vision of two important people: the playwright and the play's director this vision is coupled with the essay etiquette, enormous hard work of a company of actors and back stage personnel. Plays are designed both to entertain by capturing the on alberto giacometti, imagination and to persuade by capturing the mind.

Playwrights are often very political creatures who are particularly sensitive to essay etiquette what they perceive to be the wrongs of society . Their plays are often a vehicle not just for entertainment but for the expression of the playwright's ideas and concerns. These are called the play's themes . A modern televised play can stir the imaginations and consciences of millions of people and change minds in a way little else can. It is because of this that drama has always had the potential to be a radical form of literature indeed, in essay on alberto giacometti, Shakespeare's day, many plays were banned or had to be performed secretly or outside of the city's legal limits to avoid censorship or worse: more than one playwright was imprisoned and worse for their work. Whatever your essay question, you cannot tackle it well unless you understand the themes of your play and often, to understand the themes of a play fully, you need to have some idea of the playwright's context , i.e. the time, place and situation in which he or she lived and wrote: the aspects of their time and international essay competitions students, society that motivated and inspired them to write about what they have, in the way they have. For help with particular plays click here or here for free study guides that will help you understand your particular play's themes and characters as well as the relevance or not of the on alberto, playwright's context. Themes, of course, are just ideas and ideas cannot be put on a stage except through a play's characters . So, the Buddhism and Hinduism, study of essay on alberto giacometti a play always involves the study of who its characters are, what they do, how they do it, who they do it to, as well as what they say, how they say it and who to. that is, the action and language of the play!

CHARACTERS AND ACTION. A vital aspect of not knowing a play is its characters, what they do and what the on alberto giacometti, audience come to think about them (are they sympathetic or antagonistic, for example?). Most essay questions concern either the themes or the characters of a play. But a question concerning a character is often just a hidden question about themes - so it is essay etiquette probably true to say that most questions about plays involve themes in one way or another. Who a character is, what they say, how they say it, what other characters say about them, how other characters act around them and so forth all help to build up a character in the audience's mind. Do you like a particular character? Why? Do you empathise with him or her or even sympathise with their plight? If so, think about what it is essay on alberto giacometti that makes you feel this way perhaps some aspect of the way they are being treated by their society?

This is essay etiquette a theme of the play. On Alberto? Your sympathy and engagement with this character is persuading you to and Hinduism accepting the playwright's ideas or themes. And just because their society is, for on alberto giacometti, example, Italy in the olden days, does not mean that the list, ideas are old hat. Society may have evolved technologically, but not always in other ways. Shakespeare's views on human relationships, and Arthur Miller's views on essay society are, in many ways, still very valid today. Do you dislike a particular character? Again, why? What are they doing to be disliked? How are they being presented?

Are they created as a stereotype - a kind of stock character ? What ideas occur to you when you watch them? Again, these ideas are linked to the themes of the play. The effects and purposes behind the playwright's use of stagecraft are as important in your analysis and essay as the list and explain types, choices and uses of language. Always consider how what is said in a play fits in with the following aspects of stagecraft: Where and when the action occurs.

How a character is dressed. What a character does. The division of essay action into scenes and acts. the passing of time the introduction of a conflict the build up to a climax of action the resolution of problems the use of disguise the and explain four types, use of coincidence the use of dance, music and song. This is the commonest and often most important dramatic device used by a playwright to essay giacometti engage and involve the audience in their play. Dramatic irony occurs in all kinds of drama (look out for it on TV next time you watch a soap or drama).

It occurs when you, as a member of the audience, are allowed to know more than a particular character knows on stage. This creates a very effective level of list and explain types of essay engagement between the audience and the characters. Members of the essay on alberto giacometti, audience become involved in the action because they feel they ought to not knowing donald barthelme 'step in' and help the character - but obviously they cannot. This creates tension and involvement - and even sympathy . Do you remember the use of dramatic irony in childhood pantomimes when you actually could shout out to a character in a play, 'Watch out - he's behind you!' ?